Today’s product is different from the homes built 20 or 30 years ago.
- Modern-day manufactured homes are built to have all of the features of a site-built home. Many manufactured homes are indistinguishable from site-built homes.
- Once new homes are placed on customer’s land, all towing devices including wheels, axles and hitches are removed.
- Many homes are being built with 5-12 roof pitches.
- “Skirting” is available in a variety of different materials such as brick, masonry and vinyl. Government should not discriminate against home owners that may not be able to afford a specific type of “skirting” just because of how it looks.
- Brick skirting is used for aesthetics of the home. The foundation strength of manufactured homes comes from the steel I-beams and pier and anchor systems, not from the brick skirt.
See Also: Advantages of Manufactured Housing