Appreciation, Adjacent Property Values
Repeated studies show that manufactured homes appreciate under the same circumstances as site-built homes when:
- They are in a good location.
- They are properly maintained.
Study by Michigan University
- Manufactured homes, like site-built homes, can be viewed as an investment.
- Manufactured homeowners can build equity just like owners of site-built homes.
Study by East Carolina University
- Manufactured homes appreciate at comparable rates as site-built homes when taxed as real property.
With proper upkeep, maintenance and pride in ownership, manufactured homes can appreciate just as much if not more than site-built homes.